Franklin Animal Clinic Inc.1623 Pittsburgh RoadFranklin, PA 16323
Dental Health And Your Pet...
Did you know?
- Routine dental care can add 1-2 years to your pet's life.
- Small dogs and cats can live 15-20% longer.
- Large dogs can live 10-15% longer.
- Periodontal disease is the most common infectious disease of dogs and cats.
- 70-80% of all dogs and cats have some degree of periodontal disease by the time they are 3 years of age.
- The first sign of dental disease is HALITOSIS ("bad breath"). If bad breath is present, there is dental disease below the gum line. Red gums mean pain. If the gums are red, they are infected and painful.
How Do You Take Care Of Your Pet's Mouth?
- Feed good quality food. Dry food is better than canned food because it is more abrasive to the surfaces of the teeth.
- BRUSH YOUR PETS TEETH! Brushing your pets teeth once a week can decrease tartar formation 50-60%. Brushing your pet's teeth three times a week can decrease tartar by 90%. Use veterinary products as "Clenzadent" and "CET" products that help tp decrease tartar formation and protect the gums.
- Give your pet toys and treats that promote dental health. There are a wide selection of such items available at stores and online.